zaterdag 30 november 2013

Kinderspel








Mijn bijdrage voor "schetsen op de minuut", van deze week











Paper Boats

by Rabindranath Tagore

Day by day I float my paper boats 
one by one down the running stream.
In bid black letters I write my name on them 
and the name of the village where I live.

I hope that someone in some strange land 
will find them and know who I am.
I load my little boats with shiuli flower from our garden, 
and hope that these blooms of the dawn 
will be carried safely to land in the night.

I launch my paper boats, 
look up into the sky and see the
little clouds setting thee white bulging sails.
I know not what playmate of mine in the sky 
sends them down the air to race with my boats!

When night comes I bury my face in my arms 
and dream that my paper boats float 
on and on under the midnight stars.
The fairies of sleep are sailing in them, 
and the lading ins their baskets full of dreams. 











Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Don't hesitate, just write something on the window or the walls, because I'ld love to read what you're thinking.

Aarzel maar niet. Hier mag je op het raam of de muren schrijven, gewoon omdat ik je graag wil lezen.