dinsdag 18 februari 2014

Romance








“Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.”


With this quote of Carolyn Gold Heilbrun
Ailsa inspired me to interprete "Romance"
the way I did






Gort na Saileán / Down by the Salley Gardens


Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.

In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.


A poem by William Butler Yeats published in The Wanderings of Oisin and Other Poems in 1889.











Still more Romance?
Click on the lips and
Visit Ailsa's blog on :
"Where is my backpack?"








  

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten

Don't hesitate, just write something on the window or the walls, because I'ld love to read what you're thinking.

Aarzel maar niet. Hier mag je op het raam of de muren schrijven, gewoon omdat ik je graag wil lezen.